Grade 5/6 Additional Learning Tasks
Welcome to week 6 of your ‘Additional Learning Tasks’ Grade 5/6! This week we have five tasks for you: one to get you performing, one to get you designing, one to get you helping, one to get searching and one to get thinking ‘outside the box’!
Task 1: Act It Out!
Everyone loves a little drama. Whether it’s a play, movie or a TV show. Here’s your chance to be a star! Select a scene from your favourite movie, memorise the lines and act it out! Record your scene and email it to your teacher. You can use props, people, background music – anything you like! Your video needs to be between 20-60 secs. Get creative and have fun! Who knows, we might have an up and coming Hollywood star amongst us.
Task 2: Course Design
Design your own obstacle course! You might have a cool backyard with a trampoline, a swing set and cubby house or cool trees to climb. These would be a great starting point! If you wanted to make yours indoors, you could use your couch and cushions, chairs, tables, door frames or bed! (Please ask permission from an adult first). Climb over things, under things, squeeze around things. Make it more challenging by balancing something like a book or teddy on your head! If it drops you have to go back to the start. Get creative! Challenge your family too!
Task 3: Can you change a doona (or duvet) cover?
Where do you even start??? Watch this tutorial to find out. Then ask if you can change the doona covers in your house. If you get stuck while you’re changing them and at the end it doesn’t look right, just go back and start again. With a bit of practice you’ll master it!
Task 4: How many squares are there?
Task 5: Quick Thinkers!
- If you could choose one thing that costs money and make it for free for everyone forever, what would you choose? Why?
- If you could invent a new subject that would be taught to all children in school, what would the subject be? Why do you think children need to learn about this subject?
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be and why?
- You’ve been stuck inside your house for months. Today you are allowed out, but it’s pouring rain and only 6 degrees. You have no transport to take you anywhere, so if you leave the house, you will get saturated and it will be freezing cold. Do you leave the house? Why or why not? And what will you do?
- You have the choice between a piece of your favourite fruit delivered cold to your door everyday for three years or your favourite burger. Which do you choose and why?